23rd Match of the Indian Premier League was to be played Between the Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders on 9 April 2019 at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai.
Chennai Super Kings Captain MS Dhoni to won the toss and opt to bowl and invite KKR to bat first on chidambaram stadium ground. Starts of the Kolkata Knight Riders are very poor as they loss the First three wickets of Lynn, Narine and N Rana in just 9 runs score. Robin Uthappa score two boundaries but he also out on the bowling D Chahar where team score on 24 runs. This is the first time in this IPL 2019 where KKR loss their first four wickets inside six over time so team loss the momentum.
KKR Middle order also fail to score. Some how Dinesh Karthik try to make partnership but they only manage to score 19 runs in 21 balls but with unbeaten innings of the Andre Russell of 50 run in 44 balls Kolkata knight riders post a 109 run target to CSK.
Deepak Chahar is the pick of the bowler for the Chennai super kings as he took 3 wickets by giving 20 runs in four overs quota. Harbhajan singh and Imran Tahir also took a two wickets each.
In reply of lowest target of 109 run Chennai Also started slowly. Team loss the first wickets of Shane watson on the score of 18 and Suresh raina on 35 run but then after a good partnership from Faf du plessis and Ambati Rayudu CSK closing to the target and in the end CSK reach the target on 17.2 overs by losing only 3 wickets.
Chennai won by 7 wkts against KKR in this 23rd Match of the IPL 2019. With brilliant bowling performance Deepak Chahar has been pick as Man of the Match award for this game.
Chennai Super Kings To Face Rajasthan Royals on 11th April 2019 at Jaipur while KKR played their next match against Delhi capitals on 12 April 2019.
— Whistle Podu Army ® – CSK Fan Club (@CSKFansOfficial) April 9, 2019
Kolkata Knight Riders innings
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 29 runs, 4 wickets)
- Strategic Timeout: Kolkata Knight Riders – 44/5 in 8.4 overs (Shubman Gill 6)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 11.2 overs (68 balls), Extras 2
- Over 14.5: Review by Chennai Super Kings (Bowling), Umpire – C Shamshuddin, Batsman – AD Russell (Struck down)
- Strategic Timeout: Kolkata Knight Riders – 76/7 in 15.3 overs (AD Russell 21)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 19.3 overs (117 balls), Extras 4
- Innings Break: Kolkata Knight Riders – 108/9 in 20.0 overs (AD Russell 50, HF Gurney 1)
- AD Russell: 50 off 44 balls (5 x 4, 3 x 6)
Chennai Super Kings innings
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 – 6.0 (Mandatory – 40 runs, 2 wickets)
- Strategic Timeout: Chennai Super Kings – 49/2 in 9.0 overs (F du Plessis 10, AT Rayudu 6)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 9.1 overs (56 balls), Extras 2
- Strategic Timeout: Chennai Super Kings – 77/2 in 14.0 overs (F du Plessis 26, AT Rayudu 18)
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 16.3 overs (101 balls), Extras 3
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 16.4 overs (102 balls), Extras 3