The Canadian equestrian federation has announced the nominated team riders for the 2023 Pan American Games following a busy spring and summer show circuit.
The Pan Ams will take place in Santiago, Chile, on 20 – 25 October 2023. Two nations will receive a team spot in Santiago for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games. The U.S.A. is already qualified through the 2022 World Championships, so Canada and Brazil seem to be the most likely candidates for that team spot.
Since mixed teams of small and big tour riders are still allowed at the Pan American Games, a Pan Am team must have at least two Grand Prix riders in order to qualify.
NF’s nominations still need to be approved by the COC Team Selection Committee, but it’s unlikely they’ll reject them.
The Canadian team will include:
- Naima Moreira Laliberté on Statesman, a 16-year old Hanoverian by Sandro Hit x Brentano II
- Mathilde Blais Tétreault on Fedor, a 13-year old Dutch warmblood by Johnson x Negro
- Camille Carier-Bergeron on Sound of Silence, a 15-year old Westfalian by San Amour x Limes
- Beatrice Boucher on Summerwood’s Limei, a 10-year old Hanoverian by Londonderry x Weltmeyer
The team reserves are:
- Tanya Strasser-Shostak on Fidelis Tyme, a 13-year old Oldenburg by Fit for Fun x Moosbachhof’s Peron
- Shannon Dueck on Angelika MW, an 8-year old Oldenburg by Franziskus x Welt Hit II