3rd September 1992 Born Sakshi Malik is an Indian freestyle wrestler. She born at Rohtak district of Haryana, in a village called Mokhra.
Sakshi made the proud for herself by winning the first indian female wrestler medal in the olympics. Sakshi won the prestigious Olympic bronze medal in the 58 kg category in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
She is a part of the JSW Sports Excellence Program, along with fellow female wrestlers Vinesh Phogat, Babita Kumari, and Geeta Phogat. her father Badlu Ram was motivated her to take up wrestling as he was also a wrestler. She began training in wrestling at the age of 12 under a coach, Ishwar Dahiya, at an Akhara in Chhotu Ram Stadium, Rohtak.
Career and Achievements
Malik’s Who get first success as a professional wrestler in the international arena came in 2010 at the Junior World Championships where she won bronze medal trophy in the 58 kg freestyle event. At the 2014 Dave Schultz International Tournament, she won gold in the 60 kg category. And after that, she never stopped and maintained the passion and dedication towards the game.
Sakshi best achievement came at the previously concluded 2016 Rio Olympics where she conquered her bouts against Sweden’s Johanna Mattsson, Moldova’s Mariana Cherdivara, but lost to Russia’s Valeria Koblova in the quarter-final game. But as Koblova reached the finals, which made Sakshi Malik eligible for the ‘repechage round’ ( in which the wrestlers who lose to the eventual finalists fight it out for the third place), where she won against Pürevdorjiin Orkhon of Mongolia in her first bout.
Awards and recognition
- Padma Shri (2017) – fourth highest Indian national honour.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (2016) – highest sporting honour of India.
- Multiple cash prizes totaling over ₹5.7 crores (US$800,000) from the Indian Railways, the Indian Olympic Association, the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, the Government of Delhi, various state governments, including Haryana,Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, from private bodies such as the JSW Group and from political groups including the Indian National Lok Dal.
- Promotion to gazetted officer rank by her employer, the Indian Railways.
- Class 2 job offer from the Government of Haryana.
- 500 yd2 land grant from the Government of Haryana.
Sakshi Malik Net Worth
Sakshi Malik’s estimated net worth is around $1 Million to $5 Million approx from sports and various advertisement
Know More about Sakshi
|Real Name||Sakshi Malik|
|Famous For||Feature in the song-‘Bom Diggy Diggy’ from the film ‘Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety’|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 168 cm
in meters– 1.68 m
in feet inches– 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Date of Birth||Not Known|
|Birth Place||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Debut||Bollywood: Feature in the song-‘Bom Diggy Diggy’ from the film ‘Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety’ (2018)|
|Hobbies||Style & Beauty Blogging|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Names Not Known|
Sister– Ayushi Malik
|Favourite Food||Homemade Healthy Food|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Actresses||Sridevi, Madhuri Dixit, Aishwarya Rai|
|Favourite Colours||Pink, Blue & Emerald Green|
|Favourite Beverage||Red Wine|